April 12, 2042 5:45 PM

Today was better. I awoke to stomach pangs that I haven't felt in a long time. All fluid and food that was left in my body had been thrown up last night. As I rose I was incredibly light headed, and not ready to fight the Zed that were, more than likely, in the downstairs of my current residence. So, I decided to sneak instead. Unfortunately my quiver was long out of arrows and I absolutely needed some protein. So reluctantly I grabbed my hunting rifle. Sneaking requires little physical strength, but my wits to be fully about me. I climbed out of my roost and snuck around the Zed that were infesting the area. There were five, I was correct in predicting the gunshots would attract them.

As I scanned my perimeter I noticed a bird, I'm not sure what type, possibly a chickadee, hiding in the trees above. Finding game bigger than your fist is beyond rare. The Maloan Caravan has taken most from this area of the Northeast. I successfully nicked it with a bullet from my pistol. It fell to the ground lifeless. I grabbed it and put it in my coat pocket. I had to move quickly before the Zed at my encampment encroached my position. As I traversed my way back to the rooftop, I noticed a large chunk of berries. I grabbed and pocketed them as well. No eating before validation. One more mistake and I was a dead man.

I climbed atop the roof I am currently residing on, vowing to clean the Zed that were several feet beneath me tomorrow. As I write now, I am eating the bird raw, similar to the way one would eat an apple. I wouldn't dare start a fire; especially with the amount of dead already in my immediate proximity. The berries turned out to not be poisonous and I ate the bushel in one bite. So now I let my body recover, feeling far better than I did the last couple days. Tomorrow I will have to deal with the threat below.